Piyush Khengar schreef:
The time has come when our projects coordinator has asked for us to
submit our project descriptions for students to choose from.
Cool! Let's get these guys some work :D
Following the brief meeting I had with Olegil et. al.
at AmiGBG, I
would now like to enlist your help in formulating some of these
descriptions so that we can get my students involved in this project.
I cannot do this myself, as I do not know the current status of the
project, nor do I know what needs to be done so far.
Going of the top of my hat:
- We have libUSB
- We have pthreads
- We have aspell & various other small dependencies
While thinking up these descriptions, please keep the
points in mind:
1. These are 3rd year Electronic Engineering students who have covered
C/C++ in their 1st two years of study - they are NOT computer science
or software engineering students.
2. From start to finish, they would have only about 6-8 months (2
semesters and a bit) in order to complete their work.
3. They should be spending about 5-10 hours a week on this (remember
they have other courses to study too).
4. The projects should be realistic for students of this level.
5. The description should contain enough detail/pointers for the
student to be able to make a good start. I.e. they should know where
they should begin to do their research in order to proceed with the
Does their tasks need to be within a certain field? eg device drivers?
Or does any coding project go?
I hope that descriptions will start to fly in soon
after this email. I
am looking to supervise at least 4 BEng individual projects, and at
least one 4th year MEng GROUP project. A few descriptions (on a bigger
scale) for group projects would also be great.
Piyush (Captain Moo Moo)
Sorry for not replying earlier, like you might have noticed, i've been
missing in action ALOT lately, work's a bitch.